Yoga. A foreign concept until last week. I had my first Yoga class last Wednesday and I fell in love! It takes you to a place where mind is over matter and life is good, all worries are forgotten and mind, soul and body are one.
I suggest if you haven’t already, give yoga a try, you might fall in love just as I did.
I crave sore muscles.
My fellow Chicagoan woman, I am going to share one of my well kept secrets, because I want you to also crave sore muscles, a sore body is a sexy body!
Here’s the secret: I am currently taking classes at the Nike Training Club store located in Lincoln Park, I get up to 4 classes a week for FREE! I’m taking a combination of Yoga, NTC, Cardio Kickboxing, Barre, Ballerina Bum Bootcamp all for F-R-E-E.
To sign up go here, visit NTC Lincoln Park Twitter’s account, the link is on their profile.
Here is what the studio looks like:
I am in love with the studio, the store is located in the first floor and every day I go in for class I am tempted to buy a new pair of shoes or pants or shirts or bras or headbands or anything really. Before NTC I owed one pair of gym shoes that I’ve had since 8th grade and I’ve wore them only a handful of times, now I love my polka dot nike frees
Here is what’s on my wish-list:
Yes I am obsessed with Polka dots, I love them and they make me happy and when I am dripping sweat I need something pretty to look at, anything to keep me motivated!
About a month ago a fellow blogger Breezyk posted the following article, Road Tested TopBox. CA where she introduced a new service (at least it was new to me) TopBox (for Canadians) or Birch Box (for Americans). The Birch Box is a service that hand picks beauty and lifestyle samples which they sent to you for $10/month the box ships for free ( $12/month for Top Box).
I am a sucker for snail mail and if that means having to pay to find something other than bills waiting for me when I get home then I am all in. I don’t know much about cosmetics so I figure this would be a great way to be introduced into the world of beauty products (this I am sure will get expensice quick). I am an avid yelper so I will do my best to review the items in each box I don’t usually review beauty products so bare with me, since I am use to giving products/services stars (on yelp) I will do the same here, the highest number of stars an item can receive is 5, here are my ratings:
It felt like Christmas morning when I received my first box. Here are the items that came in the box:
- Incoco Design Nail Polish Appliques ($10) I have yet to try them so I can’t say whether I like them or not, the design is cute enough so I will definitely use them, they seem easy enough to apply
- Madewell for Birchbox Nail Emery Board ($5) There’s nothing special about this emery board other than it’s cute design which is enough for me to give it a 4 out 5, I wouldn’t pay $5 for it, maybe $2 at most $3
- Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo ($25) I have not used this yet, I have a dry shampoo from Lush, it’s a powder and I’m happy with the way that one works, this one is in a spray form
- Twistband Headband Collection ($19) I got one in gray and its pretty, I might actually buy the pack since half the times my hair is up in a bun, these headbands are cute enough to dress up a messy bun, 4 out 5
- Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream ($20) nothing special about this product, it smells good and it leaves your skin smooth but so does what I have been using for ever (conditioner, yes I know how dare I not use fancy shaving cream but conditioner does the trick, it allows me to do a close shave and it leaves my skin silky smooth), this gets a 3 out 5
March’s box= 3 out 5
- Kusmi Tea Paris ($25.95) I got two in the box and I have not tried them yet but they smell heavenly, I love teas so I am sure I am going to love these
- Mirenesse Glossy Kiss ($26.55) my favorite!!! I don’t normally wear lipstick so the fact that I am wearing this says a lot, it’s multi-purpose it can be used a lipstick or blush, 5 out 5
- Oribe Shampoo ($37) & Oribe Conditioner ($39) Both the shampoo and conditioner smell good but I don’t know how I feel about paying $76 for shampoo and conditioner, 3 out 5
- Skin&Co Bagnodoccia Body Gel ($17.50) I will definitely buy the full size, this leaves your skin silky smooth and it smells like heaven! 5 out 5
- Supergoop! anti-aging eye cream ($45) I don’t like the thickness of eye cream so I will not be purchasing the full size, 2 out 5
April’s Box= 4 out 5 along with this box I also received a year subscription to Women’s Health (BONUS!)
Overall, I am very pleased with the Birch Box and I am looking forward to my May box