To the love of my life,
April 21st, 2012 was the happiest day of my life (to-date), it was the day you and I became one and my life became whole. You complete me in more ways than one, you are the kindest and most loving person I know. You are patient with me and for this I am eternally grateful. Thank you for being my best friend and for loving me and all my craziness. Never in a million years did I think I would be married before the age of 30 and yet here I am, married to the best husband I could ever dream of and for this I am grateful plans don’t always work out.
Every day is a new adventure with you, your corkiness is refreshing, your humor still dry as ever but I love you, every day more. I cannot imagine life without you by my side, thank you for all the memories we have made so far and for the many more that are to come. You are my better half, here’s to one year down and a lifetime to go.
You are my heart,
We recently moved which means ONE thing my inner interior designer has awaken and is ready to be put to use (I took one interior design class in high school which I doubt qualifies me as an interior designer but for the sake of this post I’ll pretend I went to design school). The apartment we moved into has potential, as most things in life if you invest time or money or in our case both.
There are several things that are driving me off the walls 1) the bathroom is horrid! I want to cry every time I walk into it, it’s just a sad excuse for a bathroom, a little harsh I know but the truth hurts! The sink is old as is everything else in the room, the only thing I can live with is the floor tile everything else needs some loving something the hubster doesn’t like to hear because it usually means spending money and investing a Saturday or two
Our bathroom has a similar structure to the one in the picture but to make it look like this several things need to be done, 1) tiles needed to be painted white, currently they are an oatmeal color (yuck!) 2) the bathtub is getting some white epoxy so the tub can look brand new and we can get rid of some water stains 3) the walls are getting a coat or two of dark paint, we haven’t decided what color yet but we are thinking navy blue like the one in the picture or a dark bluish gray. I refuse to show you pictures of our current bathroom simply because its hideous but I’ll definitely do a before and after post once everything is done (this might be a while).
The other thing that is wrong with the apartment is that everything is just weird for example, if you want to turn the kitchen light on you have to flick it down rather than up, every cabinet door opens in a different direction some right some left and I am just about ready to lose it! I plan to fix this by adding some door knobs
Matte Black Knobs found on Ebay
Continuing with the kitchen the faux tiles are hideous! Why on earth would anyone put ugly plastic tiles any where, there’s just no excuse good enough for using those ugly things. So I am going to buy a rug large enough to cover the entire floor, I’m thinking this one might do the trick:
Kabuki Cotton Printed Dhurrie 5 x 8 $99 @ West Elm
You might be wondering what on earth made us move into this place, for one the overall layout of the apartment is nice and the neighborhood is beautiful and parking is always readily available which if you live in the city you know this is GOLD! So aside from the horrendous bathroom, ugly kitchen tile and weird cabinets the apartment is not that bad. It just means we are going to have to set aside several weekends to make the place feel like home without breaking the piggy bank, after all we are only renting this place.
Wish us luck,
The world is random and so should you! Here are some random confessions:
- Little things make me happy (i.e. sunshine, rain, clouds, flowers, you get the point)
- I smile at strangers. Well not all strangers just friendly looking ones, there are some crazy looking people in the streets and for some reason nasty men think that a friendly smile means something more.
- Sometimes when I’m at Starbucks
wasting time catching up on emails and important things (checking my twitter, tumblr, Instagram, etc) I listen to people’s conversations, not all just the ones that grab my attention, I know that’s creepy but I get bored and the mind wanders.
Oreo ice cream cake
- I don’t like sweets, I have to crave sweets to have them. I don’t like cake unless its chocolate cake or oreo ice cream cake, the only two my parents knew to get me on my birthdays.
- I can have several shots of Cuban coffee (essentially espresso) but I don’t like dark roast coffee which is as strong as Cuban coffee, I usually go for the blondes (this is Starbucks lingo people)
- I love to smile, which I guess kind of goes with the first point except that I smile when I’m alone or sometimes in a group setting for no good reason, I smile just to smile, I blame it on my enlarged cerebellum.
- I have tried being a “vegan” so many times I lost count, I have not been able to fully convert because I am married to a carnivore, I have however adopted a plant-based diet which means I eat lots of fruits and veggies and less over processed goods and little to no meats. This is complicated.
- I hate titles! Example, I am not eating animal products (with the exception of honey and cheese) but I’m not a “vegan”. I believe Jesus died for my sins and that following his commandments (loving my neighbors, helping the needy, etc) gives me a clear shot to heaven but I don’t like referring myself as a “Christian”. With titles come negative connotations and I just don’t want to be attached to them.
Okay if you read this, thank you and I love you for it, I’m smiling because you got this far (if you jumped to the end, shame on you!)
Love, Peace and lots of caffeine,