As some of you know I subscribe to Birch Box and once a month a get a little box filled with goodies, the last two boxes (which have been my first 2 boxes have been okay (see last post). March’s box got a 3 out 5 and April’s box got a 4 out 5. May’s box was not all that, I am really trying to keep an open mind, if it wasn’t because I already paid for a years worth of boxes I would have cancelled the service this month. Here’s what I received:
A tiny reminder, I am not a professional reviewer of beauty products
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle ($21.95) this has to be my favorite thing in the box. My hair has a mind of its own and it doesn’t matter how nice I am to it, it’ll do whatever it wants. So I been looking for a leave-in conditioner that my hair would love and this product is perfect, I spray it and let my hair air dry and it creates beachy waves, which I love :) 4.5 out 5
- Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream ($32) I don’t use CC or BB creams, to be honest with you I don’t know what BB or CC means and I don’t know what the difference between CC and BB so with that being said I will not rate this product because I wouldn’t know where to start.
- Folle de Joie eau de parfum ($98), I love perfumes, I have a collection but when it comes to describing them I can only say it smells fresh or flowery but I cannot describe the notes, so let’s just say it has a pleasant smell, flowery and it gets a 3.5 out of 5
- Weleda Body Lotion ($16.50)- its not thick and it leaves your skin silky smooth and it smells like heaven. I will be buying the full size of this lotion. 4 out 5
- Soleil Organique Environmental Defense Sunscreen sticks SPF 30 ($18)- umm I don’t know how to feel about this one, I love organic products but I am not in love with the way this feels, its hard to spread, it feels grainy and it’s sticky. I’ll give this a 3 out 5
Overall rate= 3 out 5, I am being generous simply because I loved the beauty protector and the Weleda lotion had a nice smell and it wasn’t too thick but if it wasn’t for those 2 items this box would have received a 2 out of 5.
Birch Box try harder next time,